Job Scheduling Application
Web-based software to schedule jobs
Client is a SharePoint ISP and Microsoft Valued Partner well known for his products and ad-ins developed for Micorosoft ecosystem
- Job Scheduling
- Persistent job scheduling : This product heavily uses scheduling for different services. The biggest challenge was to persist these scheduling without using any kind of service.
- Manage scheduling : User is able to add/modify/delete scheduling scheme for different services. This was achieved by exploring the database used by component. Out of the box method of that component was created to achieve this task.
- Less coding to add a new third party service in the existing product Reusable templates/Interfaces was created so that a new service (e.g. twitter service, fax service) can be added easily by just using these templates.
- Dynamic user controls : Predefined user controls have been created that can be used for all the services.
- Generalization of request using Web Application Description Language (WADL) : One of the challenges was to generalize the HTTP request needed to use the services. This has been achieved using xml representation of request called WADL.
- New service can be added with less coding effort.
- Output of services can be store in SharePoint lists.
- No need to get into the SharePoint server to configure TunnelPoint services.
- Nice load balancing feature of scheduling which is fast and light weight.
- Development Cost Reduction
- No Server side code management headaches.